Wilhelmina Evangelical Lutheran Church
We are an independent Lutheran congregation located in central Alberta.
Confession of Faith:
- This congregation confesses the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – as the one true God.
- We proclaim the Father as our Creator and Preserver to whom all creation belongs and to which everything is subject.
- We proclaim Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, as our Redeemer and Lord. He is fully human and fully divine. Eternal salvation is available to all people by God’s grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
- We proclaim the Holy Spirit as Regenerator and Sanctifier, one with the Father and with the Son. By our own understanding and strength we cannot believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord, or come to Him. It is the Holy Spirit who calls us to faith through the gospel, enlightens us with his gifts, makes us holy and keeps us in the one true faith.
- This congregation confesses that the Gospel is the revelation of God’s saving will and grace in Jesus Christ, which He imparts through Word and Sacrament. Through these means of grace the Holy Spirit creates believers and unites them with the Lord and with one another in the fellowship of the Holy Christian Church.
- This congregation confesses the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God, through which God still speaks, and as the only source of the Church’s doctrine and the authoritative standard for the faith and life of the Church.
- This congregation subscribes the documents of the Book of Concord of 1580 as witnesses to the way in which the Holy Scriptures have been correctly understood and explained and confessed for the sake of the Gospel.
You may download a pdf copy of our constitution here.